10th Exhibition of Arms and Defense Equipment “PARTNER 2021”
Exhibition of Arms and Defense Equipment PARTNER has lived to see its first jubilee in 2021 - the 10th anniversary of the exhibition. Since the first fair, organized in 2004 at the initiative of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Serbia, Jugoimport-SDPR, and Belgrade Fair, it has become the largest and most significant defense fair in South-East Europe.
"Partner 2021" defense fair was held from 11th to 14th October 2021 at Belgrade Fair, in halls 1 and 4. The 10th jubilant Exhibition of Arms and Defense Equipment "Partner" was opened by the President of the Republic of Serbia and the Commander in Chief of Serbian Armed Forces, Mr. Aleksandar Vučić, in the presence of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, Mr. Nebojša Stefanović, Chief of Staff of Serbian Army, Gen. Milan Mojsilović, lead management of public company Jugoimport-SDPR, and other renowned guests from the country and abroad.
Presented at the exhibition was the full range of R&D and production programs of Jugoimport-SDPR and its affiliates, including the materiel used by the Serbian Army: armored multi-purpose combat vehicle "Lazar 3", armored combat vehicle "Miloš", and self-propelled gun-howitzer "Nora".
On the opening day, special attention was drawn to the premier exhibits from the R&D and production program of Jugoimport-SDPR presented to the government officials and the official delegations:
• „Lazanski" - infantry combat vehicle with 57 mm remotely controlled weapon station - RCWS (57 mm gun made in cooperation with our Russion technology partner), named after the legendary war correspondent, military analyst, published author, and diplomat, Mr. Miroslav Lazanski;
• „Lazar 3" - combat vehicle with 30 mm RCWS (30 mm gun made in cooperation with our Russion technology partner);
• Infantry support & combat vehicle with 30 mm RCWS and light attack rocket system „Nova";
• „Miloš" – armored multi-purpose combat vehicle with integrated „Nova" system, intended for deployment in anti-tank missions;
• „Raven" – unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) system in configuration with launcher system and command vehicle. The visitors were presented with two versions of the aircraft: „Raven 1" with turboprop motor, and „Raven 2" with electric motor;
• „HAWK 5" – gyroplane currently being developed under a joint project with a US partner;
• „POS" – shoulder launched anti-tank guided missile system;
• „Šarac" –anti-materiel heavy machine gun.
Except for the premiered projects, the visiting representatives of Serbian Army and the foreign partners were interested to see already familiar armaments from the R&D and product range of Jugoimport: multipurpose patrol boat, combat vehicle „Miloš" integrated with „Gatling" machine-gun, modular multi-tube rocket system „Tamnava", a family of new thermobaric ammunition, „Sova" aircraft, „Turbo Sova" aircraft (a joint project of MTI and Utva, an affiliate company of Jugoimport), lightweight guided air bombs, helicopter weapons, etc.
There were as many as 132 exhibitors from Serbia presenting their products and services at this year's fair, and 16 from other countries – Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Croatia, Italy, Russia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and the USA.