M15 RCWS armed with 12.7 mm HMG represents a modern weapon system intended for integration with light multi-role armored vehicles.
Remote controlled weapon station comprises:
- Fighting section of the station placed on a vehicle
- Control–command block with FCSA placed inside the vehicle.
- Manual operation like backup
The fighting section of the station comprises:
- Armoured hull movable only in azimuth (electromotive drive) and armoured mount-machine gun cradle with 12.7 mm machine gun movable only in elevation (electromotive drive)
- optoelectronic block (housing) connected to the machine gun cradle axis and
- ammunition box with the capacity of 180 rounds placed on the left side of the armoured hull.
Inside the armoured hull electromotor reduction gear for weapon station drives in azimuth and elevation. The same space is occupied by the electronics for electromotor drive.