PP1000 powerpack has been designed for mobility enhancement on T-72 main battle tank family and other main battle tanks of 2nd and 3rd generation. It is comprised of V46-TK engine, providing output of 735 kW (1000 HP), coupled with V1000-7 transmission and other subsystems with minimum additional work on the hull.
- Configuration V12/60
- Bore. mm 50
- Displacement, litres 38.88
- Compression ratio 13.5:1
- Weight, kg 1080
- Dimensions, mm 1623x1026x949
- Power output, kW (HP), at 2000 rpm 735(1000)
By integrating PP1000 powerpack, following benefits have been gained:
- power-to-weight ratio has been improved from 18.6 to 23.8 kW/t,
- maximum tankís speed has increased from 60 km/h to 65 km/h,
- acceleration from 0 to 32 km/h has decreased from 14 s to 8.7 s,
- specific fuel consumption has dropped from 250 g/kWh to 230 g/kWh,
- overall reliability has been improved.
V46-TK is four-stroke, liquid cooled, multifuel, diesel engine with direct fuel injection, turbocharged with intermediate air cooling.
Fuel injection pump design features following enhancements:
- modern P 505 universal pump, of low weight,
- high injection pressure, up to 1150 bar,
- short injection time,
- new injector design with improved characteristics.
PP1000 transmission system
- transmission layout is the same as in the T-72 MBT,
- design of some units was changed to a large extent,
- all design changes were carried out without any deterioration in mounting and overall dimensions,
- basic units of V1000-7 transmission steer and lubrication system are not change,
- minor changes were performed only on the hydraulic installation.